[FRANCE] Postdoc positions in structural, molecular and marine biology in Paris – COFUND FP-DYNAMO
We are pleased to announce that Call 2 FP-DYNAMO-PARIS Programme is now open!
The COFUND FP-DYNAMO-PARIS program offers a unique interdisciplinary environment and a fundamental research initiative in the center of Paris. The goal of the research program is to integrate knowledge on gene expression, structural and membrane biology, and bioenergetics in bacteria, chloroplasts, and mitochondria in the general context of improving our understanding of the biogenesis of energy-transducing membranes. These studies will involve cutting-edge technologies including structural biology (NMR, X-ray crystallography, and CryoEM), RNA sequencing, mass-spectrometry, synthetic biology, microfluidics, computational modeling, and visualization.
In the 2nd call, 11 Post-doctoral fellows will have the opportunity of developing their research projects in a dynamic scientific environment covering three main research themes:
1) Genetics, genomes and RNA
2) Membrane protein complexes
3) Membrane system dynamics
The programme is widely open to anyone with one single condition: candidates must not have resided in France more than 12 months in the last 3 years at the time of recruitment.
Genetics, Genomes and RNA
- Modulation of mRNA translation by ABC-F proteins
- Structural biology of RNA-protein complexes
- Ribosome Quality control in Yeast
- Telomere Biology
- Genome evolution and post-endosymbiotic innovations in diatoms
- Structural study of [4Fe-4S]-dependent sulfuration enzyme MnmA involved in genetic translation
Membrane protein complexes
- Heme import in bacteria: structural studies of transmembrane protein complexes
- Study of the energy landscape of G protein-coupled receptors
- Structure-function study of a tripartite efflux pump from the ABC superfamily, in its lipid environment
Membrane system dynamics
- SyBOrg, creating a synthetic membrane organelle in E. coli and C reinhardtii
- Structure and function of factors involved in mitochondrial fusion
What the program offers:
- Exciting work in a dynamic team of researchers with backgrounds in different disciplines across biology, chemistry, physics, and computational science.
- Convivial, international environment in a human-sized atmosphere on the Montagne St-Genevieve campus, in the Latin quarter of Paris.
- A 2-year contract with a competitive salary, starting at around 2500€ after taxes (for a candidate with less than 2 years of post-doctoral experience). Mentoring programs to support career development.
- Development of personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses, opportunities for career and personal development.
Application deadline: March 27, 2022 (Do not take into account a deadline on the CNRS Portail Emploi Website)
Start date: flexible, between May 16 and September 30, 2022
Workplace : Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique (Institute of Physico-Chemical Biology)
For more information: http://labexdynamo.ibpc.fr/fp-dynamo-paris/